- two cups diced peeled potatoes
- one-3/4 cups sliced carrots
- one cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- one cup all-objective flour
- 1-3/four teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- one-one/2 cups entire milk
- four cups cubed cooked chicken
- one cup frozen peas
- one cup frozen corn
- 4 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°. Area potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat cook, covered, eight-10 minutes or until finally crisp-tender drain.
- In a massive skillet, heat butter above medium-higher heat. Add onion cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings right up until blended. Slowly stir in broth and milk. Carry to a boil, stirring continually cook and stir 2 minutes or right up until thickened. Stir in chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture eliminate from heat.
- Unroll a pie crust into each and every of two 9-in. pie plates trim even with rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining crusts area more than filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Reduce slits in tops.
- Bake 35-forty minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Allow stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Freeze selection: Cover and freeze unbaked pies. To use, eliminate from freezer thirty minutes just before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 425°. Spot pies on baking sheets cover edges loosely with foil. Bake thirty minutes. Lessen oven setting to 350° bake 70-80 minutes longer or right up until crust is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Actually happy my craving for chicken pot pie and is effortless to make.
The ideal. I make my personal crust and that is the only alter I make.
My husband stated this potpie was the best I’ve ever produced. I extra celery with the onions, and boiled carrots and potatoes in chicken broth then used the broth to make the sauce. Topped with tater tots, rather of crust.
Halved recipe extra one/4 tsp. of Bell’s Poultry Seasoning and utilised Tater Tots instead of pie crust. It’s in the oven now and it smells genuinely great – we can’t wait to consume it .
Greatest potpie I’ve ever had. Hands down. Subs I’ve manufactured in the past consist of utilizing rabbit in location of chicken and subbing cauliflower in for the potatoes. I will be creating this one particular for a long time.
To be brutally honest, this is really shut to the Chicken Pot Pie recipe located in the older versions of Betty Crocker cookbooks, which is the ideal recipe I have ever tasted. While homemade crust is much better in my view, it really is also far much more time consuming. This is a fast and simple recipe and the filling is right on the funds. If, somehow, you come out with a bland meal following using a total cup of butter, you happen to be performing anything wrong.
The place do the potatoes in the directions come from?
I really like this recipe! I use this recipe at home and at my task.
This is the only chicken pot pie recipe I make. The flavors are well-created and it is quite simple to make. I normally use a rotisserie chicken for the four cups of chicken. I get requests for this pot pie fairly typically. It is definitely a favored in my family.
We simply really like this recipe. I cook it as written and locate it is just right! I make 2 pies so we can share with my sister’s family. I have by no means discovered it pasty or gummy and have created it numerous times.