- 2 quarts chicken broth
- one/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/two cup finely chopped onion
- one teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- one teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- one/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/four cup butter, cubed
- one/4 cup all-function flour
- one can (10-3/four ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- one/two cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- two cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 9 elements. Bring to a boil. Decrease heat cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In Dutch oven, melt butter stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth mixture. Carry to a boil cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in soup and wine. Add rice and chicken heat by way of.
This is a fantastic soup.. I very advocate it! I produced an straightforward chicken stock from a rotisserie chicken and then followed the rest of the instructions. Did not have the wine so I skipped it. This turned out delicious!!
This soup is fairly great, but time consuming for preparation. I followed the recipe to a “T”..with the exception of slicing the carrots. I gave it a four star rating as the quantity of flour/butter did not thicken the soup. 1/3 cup flour six T butter would possibly be much far better. Regrettably the soup was watery
Fairly tasty! Followed the recipe specifically except I added a tiny far more chicken broth and some instantaneous white rice along with the wild rice (I utilised quick for the two and extra the final 5 minutes). Chopped the carrots rather of grating them because we love carrots and desired to really taste them. Oh and I did add a minor chicken bouillon seasoning powder. These adjustments were minimal the recipe stands on it is personal.
loved this soup. I also chopped carrots rather of grating them
This soup is amazing. I cook for a big family so enhanced a couple of the elements. I saute’ the onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms in a small butter and add meat from a complete roasted chicken, chopped. Also, elevated the mushrooms and additional two cans of cream of mushroom soup. This is a winner!
We adore this recipe. Wonderful for cold winter days.
Loved this soup, undoubtedly a keeper! I followed it to a t but did not use wine. Was skeptical of the thyme as it had a various flavor and have not cooked with it just before. Place it in slow cooker all afternoon and the thyme was a nice flavor at 1/four tsp. Thank you for sharing.
This soup is great! Scorching, hearty, and delightful, ideal for a cold winter evening. I cooked up some chicken thighs and used quick-make wild rice to make the approach a small more rapidly. I doubled the spices (garlic powder, thyme, and parsley) given that 1/4 a teaspoon of every single did not look like significantly and utilized wine (I’d advise employing it rather of further broth!) Also extra a dollop of sour cream when I served it, made it even much more creamy and yummy. Truly tasty, extremely suggest.
This soup is fantastic! I chopped the carrots instead of grating them, otherwise followed recipe precisely. I know it says you can skip the wine, but do oneself a favor and will not! It adds this kind of an wonderful taste!